It’s with much regret that we must bring our 2020 winter/spring season to a close following the latest announcements by the public authorities. A silent end, without the stirring movement of bodies on stage that we preciously keep in our imagination until we can rediscover it when the live arts will once again be a shared experience.
Our hearts are heavy with disappointment, both for our spectators and for all the artists who have worked on or contributed to the 25 works that unfortunately had to suddenly be cancelled:
- Sébastien Provencher & Mathieu Leroux | March 19, 20, 21 & 22
- Hanna Sybille Müller & Erin Robinsong + Hugo Dalphond + Hélène Messier | March 26, 27, 28 & 29
- Sarah Wendt & Pascal Dufaux | April 2, 3, 4 & 5
- Tangente & Agora de la danse’s fundraising gala | April 8
- Ingrid Vallus + Marilyn Daoust & Gabriel Léger-Savard | April 16, 17, 18 & 19
- Les Soirées 100Lux 2020 | April 23, 24, 25 & 26
- Festival KickStart 2020 | May 1, 2 & 3
- Les danses à deux temps | May 13, 14, 15 & 16
- Les danses de mai, Opus 2020 | May 20, 21, 22 & 23
The OFFTA shows that were set to take place on our stages at the end of May also had to be cancelled.
In spite of these unpredictable times, we are touched by our audience’s incomparable display of solidarity and generosity. Many of you have turned your ticket refund into a donation to help alleviate the financial repercussions of this crisis on Tangente, which commits to honouring its contracts with all of its artists and contract employees. We sincerely thank you.
As we are working from home since our office is closed for the time being, staff members can be reached by email as we prepare our next season, which will mark Tangente’s 40th anniversary. The on-site box office is also closed but is still providing services by email Wednesdays to Fridays between noon and 6 pm.
We hope to see you soon.
Take good care of yourselves and each other.
Executive Director and International Projects Curator
Last update: June 26, 2020