Internships and volunteering
Our volunteers and interns are invaluable. Without them, a number of projects could not be carried out! We warmly thank all of them for their support throughout the years.
Thanks to: Angèle Bourgault, Christian Brun del Re, Calope, Yiseth Castañeda, Frédéric Chais, Erin Drumheller, Nathalie Duhaime, Vanessa Fortin, Mariana Frandsen, Ludmila Grom, Mélissa Juillet, Lyse Lefebvre, Céline Le Merlus, Simon Lenoires, Denis Martin, Valérie Picotte, Marie-Pier Proulx, Catherine Wilson.
Help us in the following roles:
Production assistance and event organization
- Folding show programs (once a week)
- Preparing mass mailing (periodically)
- Video taping of public representations
- Picking up foreign artists at airport and escorting them to lodging site. Volunteer must own a car!
- Support for our annual fundraising party
- Ask questions to public and fill out surveys
- Communication tools (brochure, flyers…) distribution around the city
- Photography and illustration during the dress rehearsal
Between the months of September and May, it is possible to do an internship at Tangente in the following departments: production, communications, programming, and technical support. Internships at Tangente are very rewarding as interns have a chance to take part in many different aspects of the presentation of contemporary dance productions. Autonomy, initiative, the ability for teamwork and the capacity to work within tight schedules are qualities that are sought in our interns, as well as experience with the following softwares: Word, Excel, InDesign (for communications internships). Knowledge of the English language is also highly recommended. Internships are unpaid.