Tangente has been a major figure in contemporary dance for 36 years. Promoter of young artists and forerunner of rising trends, year after year Tangente offers innovative and imaginative programming. Every performance is a journey of discovery within remarkable choreographic experimentations at the meeting point of artistic disciplines.
Tangente is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant who will actively assist the General Director with financial and operational management.
- Manage the accounting and financial aspects of the organisation by following accounting norms
- Fill reports, government forms, and others (GST, HST, CNESST, AE, summaries, T4 and RL-1, etc.)
- Produce reports for financial partners
- Update budget and keep track of cash flow, and produce state of results and statement of account
- Monitor and maintain office supplies, stock of computing and phone equipment
- Coordinate shipping requests with suppliers
- Process the pay service and bank transfers, produce cheques
- In collaboration with the general director, draft and monitor grant applications and reports
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Update files with various governmental agencies and organisational partners
- File and manage administrative documents
- Collaborate with the Agora de la danse administration
- College diploma in Management or Accounting
- 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Simple Comptable software and Excel
- Good knowledge of the Office suite (Mac environment)
- Knowledge of the full accounting cycle
- Experience in the cultural field and interest in contemporary dance
- Good knowledge of written and spoken French
- Well organized, rigorous
- Loves team work (collegiality)
- Good interpersonal skills, tact, leadership, adaptability, self-reliance, honesty, generosity, discretion
Terms and conditions
French work environment
Employment start date: October 2nd, 2017
Salary: between 30 000$ and 32 000$/year
Schedule: Full-time position – 35 hours/week
Please send your CV and cover letter to Stéphane Labbé before September 8, 2017 at 9am at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tangente thanks all applicants for their interest but will only be getting in touch with those selected for an interview.