Internships and volunteering
Our volunteers and interns are invaluable. Without them, a number of projects could not be carried out! We warmly thank all of them for their support throughout the years.
Thanks to: Svetla Atanasova, Aurore B. Pictures, Anne-Louise Auclair, Angèle Bourgault, Frédéric Chais, Aurélie Ciccone, Claudia Chan Tak, Anne-Flore de Rochambeau, Erin Drumheller, Nathalie Duhaime, Maritza Edmond Briffault, Ariane Famelart, Alex Fehr, Anne Florentiny, Amelita Flores, Mariana Frandsen, Vanessa Galtier, Ludmila Grom, Ana P. Juliet, Alina Lagarde, Tony Lambert, Lyse Lefebvre, Denis Martin, Denis Ménard, Morales Mely, Charlotte Ormston, Léa Pantaloni, Jean-Daniel Papillon, Louise Pezet, Micheline Piché, Caroline Poirier, Fanny Poliquin, Marie-Pier Proulx, Pia Savoie, Ecaterina Siceac Melnic, Neil Sochasky, Marie-Ève Tremblay, Joyce Vallus, Julie Valois, Mathilde Van Branteghem.
Help us in the following roles:
- Management of the press list and guest list
- Work one night a week, before show time
- Schedule: Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, from 7:30 P.M. to 8:30 P.M. and Sundays from 3 P.M. to 4 P.M
Production assistance and event organization
- Folding show programs, once a week – Preparing mass mailing (periodically) – Picking up foreign artists at airport and escorting them to lodging site. Volunteer must own a car!
- Support for a bar, restauration service…etc;
- Communication tools (brochure, flyers…) distribution around the city
- Photography and illustration during the dress rehearsal night
Between the months of September and May, it is possible to have an internship at Tangente in the following departments: production, communications, programming and technical support. Internships at Tangente are very rewarding, as interns will have a chance to take part in many different aspects of the presentation of contemporary dance productions. Autonomy, initiative, the ability for teamwork and the capacity to work within tight schedules are qualities that are sought in our interns, as well as experience with the following software: Word, Excel, File Maker, InDesign (for communications internships). Knowledge of the English language is also highly recommended. Interns are not salaried.