Forum «Un Nous à bâtir»
Alterity in contemporary dance and theatre
The forum “Un Nous à bâtir” initiated by festival Altérité, pas à pas ! invites artists, cultural workers and organizations from the theatre and dance milieu to discuss the stakes of alterity in artistic creation and presentation.
On the first day, we will explore existing practices, projects and inclusive models based on the experience of our panelists.
On the second day, participants will identify actions and recommendations to establish an “Us” that reflects our plural reality.
- Ana Pfeiffer – Actress, stage director and pedagogue
- Karla Etienne – Associate director, performer and teacher at Zab Maboungou / Compagnie Nyata-Nyata
- Kym Dominique Fergusson – Artistic director of Madpoetix Productions
- Leticia Vera –Performer, choreographer and teacher
- Dena Davida Ph.D. – Curator and educator at Tangente, researcher
- Majdi Abou Matar – Stage director, founder and artistic director of MT Space Festival IMPACT 17 (Waterloo, Ontario)
- Michael Toppings – General and artistic director of MAI (Montréal, arts interculturels)
- Isabel dos Santos – Actress and manager of the Mosaïque committee of Union des artistes
- Jérôme Pruneau Ph.D. – General director of Diversité Artistique Montréal
- Marta Massana – Doctoral student and research assistant in cultural relations (LABRRI, UdeM), adjunct research professor (Téluq), member of the partenariat d’analyse sur les professions réglementées : inclusion, citoyenneté, accès.
- Mona Abdallah Ph.D. – Teacher in Cultural approaches to the visual arts (UQÀM)
Workshop and elaboration of recommendations for inclusive practices in creation and presentation.